Monday, April 1, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude

Today I watched my oldest son taking care of his baby sister with all of the tenderness a mother would give. He was gentle and patient. He was eager to be of assitance and proud that we trusted him to do it. There have been times when I have missed moments like this because I was to afraid and felt I had to control everything to make sure that everyone was safe and everything would be okay. In reality all I did was alienate the ones I loved the most and robbed us all of some very special moments that would help us create a strong bond of love and trust.

I am grateful that I was able to help my son see his value and worth by trusting him and showing him how proud of him I was.

Who can you extend the gift of trust to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment