Monday, March 4, 2013

Starting The Week with Gratitude

I have wanted to keep myself on track and not allow myself to wallow in self doubt. What I have been doing is keeping a gratitude journal. I really feel that it is making a difference. I am not only writing things that I am grateful for but I am also keeping a mental tally as the day goes by. This has inpired me to create a weekly post to start the week off right. I have decided that every Monday I will write a post on gratitude and thanksgiving. It will be a short and simple "I am grateful that...." kind of post to one help me share with others what I am grateful about and two help others to remember to be grateful and to express that gratitude.

Remember, expressing gratitude is a sure way to move one from negativity to positivity. I can't remember who the originator of this quote is but Meg Johnson used it and I love it. The quote says, "It is sufficient to say that gratitude from the mind is thank you and gratitude from the heart is I love you." Take the time today to start your week off right by expressing as much gratitude as you can. Tell someone thank you, tell yourself thank you. Tell someone you love them, tell yourself you love you. We definitely do not do that often enough, if at all.

Today I am grateful that I can walk. This is something that I have taken for granted in the past but after having had some pain that made walking difficult I have a new found appreciation for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment