Saturday, November 17, 2012

A time to reflect and change

It has been a whirl wind around here. My little girl is already two weeks old and it feels like it is going by way to fast. I love the time that I have spent with her but it doesn't feel like I have been able to be with her enough. It feels like time is just flying by and each moment is more and more fleeting.

I think I feel this way so strongly this time because this is going to be our last baby and I want to enjoy it and remember everything. I only wish I had this same desire which each of my other children regardless if they were going to be the last or not. There are so many other things I would have made wait and enjoyed the moments with them more. In the end I don't remember if my house was as clean as I wanted or if I got back into shape as quickly as I would have preferred. What I wish for is to have more memories of the time I spent with my children.

Next week is Thanksgiving and it can be a time to reflect and find gratitude in our lives. I am grateful that I have this new perspective and desire to appreciate my children and the time and memories we are making together. It is helping me to see how important some things are while recognizing just how unimportant others things are that I have made such a priority in my life. To everything there is a season and I feel that now is a season of reflection and change for me. I am reflecting on how I have prioritized my life and it is helping me to change my life and make the important things the priority that they should have been all along.

I don't know how you celebrate thanksgiving but I want to encourage all of you take time this next week to reflect on how and what you are spending your time and resources on and see how this list measures up to what you consider to be what is important and you really want in your life. If what you are spending your energy on is for the things you hold dear; good for you. If it isn't on what you value and treasure most then maybe it's time for a change.

Give it some thought and make sure that what you love most isn't playing second fiddle to lesser things.

No comments:

Post a Comment