Saturday, March 3, 2012

101 Goals!

This week I went to see Jack Canfield the author of "Chicken Soup for the Soul" speak in Salt Lake City. It was amazing and he was amazing. I was able to meet him. I shook his hand and thanked him for the inspiration of his books. I was able to go with a friend which made it even better. Everything is always better when you share. I had a great time. If you ever have the chance to go see him speak, jump on the opportunity. It will be well worth the effort. Did I mention I only had to pay $15. Wow!

Anyway, he taught many important and amazing things. Some I already knew that he expounded on or gave a new perspective of and others that I hadn't heard before. One thing that I am writing about today is his suggestion to write 101 goals that we want to achieve before we die. Kind of like a bucket list. After all, a goal that isn't written will only be a fantasy. He also said to read it frequently and to share it with others. He said when you share it with others; you give people the opportunity to help you achieve them. So today I am sharing my goals with you. They are in no particular order. Being the over achiever that I am there are a few more than 101 so bear with me.

My 101 Goals
1. Travel to Hawaii, Australia, and New Zealand
2. Travel to Norway and the British Isles
3. Travel to Germany and Europe
4. Take my family to Disney World and Disneyland
5. Teach the mind-heart-body connection to true healing classes
6. Teach the thought-perspective-belief-reality connection classes
7. Learn about energy healing so I can help myself and others
8. Become a facilitator of healing and help others to learn to heal themselves
9. Live in my dream home
10. Be a public speaker; sharing the lessons and messages I have received to help others
11. Travel the world as a public speaker
12. Write my book "One soul's journey in healing"
13. Be a best-selling author
14. Sell 1 million copies of my book
15. Reach 1 million views on my blog by January 2014
16. Visit all of the temples in the world at least once
17. Learn to play the piano well
18. Visit the Sistine Chapel in person
19. Swim with dolphins
20. Go whale watching
21. See a Broadway play in New York City
22. Grow a healthy organic garden that can sustain my family
23. See and climb the Statue of Liberty
24. Stand at the top of the Empire State Building
25. Visit the White House
26. Visit the memorials in Washington D.C.
27. Go to New England and eat fresh authentic New England clam chowder
28. Go snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef
29. Create my family genealogy tree for myself and future generations
30. Eat real New York pizza in New York
31. Complete temple work for my family
32. Visit all of the states of America at least once
33. Be an amazing grandmother
34. Be a favorite great grandmother
35. Read all of the scriptures in their entirety at least 10 times in my lifetime
36. Go on a cruise to tropical islands with my husband
37. Can my own healthy foods every year
38. Go to a ball and wear an amazingly beautiful dress
39. Celebrate at least 60 years of marriage with my husband
40. Make a difference in the life of at least one person every day of my life
41. Leave every place I go a little better than when I found it
42. Smile every day at least 10 times
43. Take my mother to meet Oprah Winfrey
44. Meet Leslie Householder and thank her in person for her inspiring books and classes
45. Take Leslie's FTMF and teaching classes and graduate
46. Spend two weeks on a tropical island with my husband
47. Go horseback riding on a beach
48. Go horseback riding in a forest
49. Go Kayaking in calm waters in a beautiful relaxing environment
50. Learn to speak 4 languages
51. Make a quilt from scratch on my own
52. See everyone as God sees them
53. Bear my testimony of God and Jesus boldly with love and respect
54. Live a life that shines; that everyone knows what I believe and what I stand for
55. Pet a baby tiger and snow leopard
56. Hug a whale
57. Drive the west coast in beautiful weather in a convertible through CA, WA, and OR with my husband
58. Spend one week in Carmel during the dolphin migration
59. Watch every General Conference ever recorded
60. Read every General Conference article ever written
61. Eat at The Lady and Sons restaurant
62. Walk on a white sandy beach
63. Swim in warm crystal clear water
64. Stand in a waterfall and let it wash me
65. Walk through a lavender field
66. Walk through a rose garden
67. Eat the best tasting decadent chocolate ever created
68. Fly in a helicopter over Hawaii
69. Visit volcanic grounds in Hawaii
70. Visit a pineapple plantation
71. Go to a real authentic luau
72. Go to the Scottish games in the British Isles with my husband
73. Eat scottish pies, shepherds pies, fish and chips, and custard with shortbread in the British Isles
74. Eat amazing Italian food in Italy with great friends
75. Pick fresh sweet blueberries in a large blueberry patch with my family
76. Pick fresh sweet cherries in a cherry orchard with my family
77. Have a complete 2 year food storage and 72 hour kits for everyone in the family
78. Watch a presidential inauguration in person
79. Meet and shake the hand of the prophet of my church and talk with him
80. Be a doTERRA IPC at silver rank
81. Help send all of my children and grandchildren to college
82. Have a home with a swimming pool
83. Live in a home with several acres of land surrounded by trees and nature
84. Have a healthy and fit amazing body
85. Learn to crochet and knit and maintain the skills
86. Make artisan breads from scratch
87. Have and maintain a positive outlook on life
88. Own the perfect rocking chair that sits by a fireplace
89. Watch an incredible sunrise with someone I love
90. Watch an incredible sunset with someone I love
91. Watch a solar and lunar eclipse
92. See a comet in the night sky
93. Own a flawless emerald
94. Fall in love with my husband every day of my life
95. Give everyone I met the kind of love and respect I want for myself
96. Learn to play the guitar well
97. Be someone worth becoming
98. Be the kind of friend I would like to have
99. Make sure everyone knows how much I care about them
100. Speak my words in any situation with love and kindness
101. Maintain my joy in any situation and under any conditions
102. Be brave, trustworthy, and honorable in all the things that I do
103. I want to know God's thoughts
104. Go on vacation to a spa resort for one week and be pampered like a queen
105. Be the love of my husband's life and treat him like the love of my life
106. Be a parent that my children can look up to and respect
107. Be a parent that my children can trust and confide in
108. I want the world to be a better place because I lived
109. Laugh until I cry and laugh again because I cried
110. Attend a baseball game with my uncle where his team wins
111. Eat gumbo in Louisiana

Thank you for being able to read through the whole thing. And don't worry if you didn't, it won't hurt my feelings.

What dreams are you holding locked away in your heart? Write them down even if you're not ready to share them with others yet. It's a place to start turning them into reality. Have fun, otherwise what's the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment