Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Growing Pains

Lately when people ask me how I am doing I have been saying that I am good, I'm just experiencing growing pains. There are a lot of things I want to do and the truth is, I have to learn how to do them which can mean experiencing pain in the process of learning and growing. It's not always easy or fun but I find that when I look at it from the perspective that I am getting where I want to go it's not as bad as when I complain about it the whole time.

So much of my life I wanted things to be easy and only did what was easy. But how does easy show me what I am capable of. Going with the current is easy but it is only when I go against the current and things become hard am I truly able to see how committed I am, how much I really want it, how determined I am, what I am willing to give and do to have it, and how much I care.

It's easy to fall in love with someone or something when there are no obstacles or challenges. Staying in love when things are hard shows you how committed to love and keeping it you are. It shows you the value of your love and what love means to you. Saying you love someone or want something in life is nice, but what are you willing to do to make it happen and work out? Are you willing to face your fears? Are you willing to put aside your doubt, your self criticism, taking things personal, and your need to be right? Are you willing to let go of the conditions you put on yourself, them, and your relationship?

Growing can hurt sometimes, but just because I might feel pain is not reason enough to shy away, give up or discount what I am capable of. If there is something you want and your willing to go after it; then be prepared, because you're going to have to show how committed you are and that may include experiencing some growing pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment