Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Change In Me

I was thinking about my blog and the goal I had set for myself last year. I wanted to find ways to be successful and see how I could change my life by changing the way I looked at my life. One thing I have come to realize is that I didn't change my life. There are a lot of things that are happening in my life that were happening last year. And yet, my life has changed because I do not feel the same way about my life now like the way I did last year.

My life didn't change because different things are happening in my life. My life has changed because I changed me and the way I am looking at my life. That includes the many things that are happening in my life daily that are just the same as they were before. I didn't miraculously create a new life by getting rid of all of my so called 'problems'. I live with the same people; a handful of munchkins and a husband. I am still working at learning how to manage my responses to their behaviors. I am still working at organizing my home, my time, and my money. And I am still working at learning many of the same life lessons as before. The thing that has changed and is making all the difference is my perspective, my attitude.

When my husband is upset and my children are fighting I am not automatically deciding that it means anything bad about them or me, most of the time. I realize that I am the one that puts the meaning to my experiences. Just as ten different people can all have the same experience but all of them have different thoughts and feelings about it, I am the one who decides what I think and feel about my life.

Regardless of what happens to me, I am the one who creates my world through the perspective I choose to have about me, my life, and my experiences. And so it is for you. You do not have to be held prisoner by what others think of you. You do not have to be trapped by your circumstances, experiences, or roles in life. You are the creator of your world through your thoughts and feelings. Your perspective creates your happiness and outlook on life. Your perspective decides if you will be free or live life in a cage.

In "Man's search for meaning", Viktor Frankl was in a concentration camp during WWII when he learned that you can rise above any situation and be at peace and have happiness. You control these things because you are the only one who creates your perspective. You are the sole driver. You create it. And as the creator you can change it at any time to serve you.

So how will you choose to see your life? It's completely up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment