Saturday, December 22, 2012

Enjoying the moment

This month has been full of sleeplessness nights and one cold after another. I fell ill and managed to get better and two days later I became sick again. All the while December has arrived bringing with it my favorite holiday, Christmas. There are many things that I like to do for Christmas like baking cookies to take to friends and neighbors, decorating, and making gifts. Unfortunately I haven't really been able to do hardly any of these things. We only managed to get the tree up two weeks before Christmas and didn't decorate it until one week before.

It has been hectic and chaotic and I have hardly gotten anything done that I was planning on this year. Things that I especially wanted to do since this is our babies first Christmas. Now she is not even two months old and I know that she doesn't even know what's going on let alone her remembering any of it, but I really wanted to do it. I wanted to create these memories for myself and the rest of my family. Everything I hoped to accomplish is not done and everyday has kind of passed me by in one big blur. I can't help but wonder where the time went.

Even though I didn't get to do the other things that would have been wonderful, I do have some special moments that have made me smile and my heart happy. I heard my baby girl laugh for the first time. I heard my boys laugh and play in the morning rather than argue and fight, which has been the usual routine lately. My husband wrestling and playing with our boys. My two girls cuddled up with each other.

This Christmas has not been what I had planned but it has been full of small and meaningful moments. Moments that could easily pass me by if I were too busy lamenting over what I didn't get, do, or have. Christmas isn't about what you have bought or what you planned to do. Christmas is about love. So if you aren't loving what you are doing in the giving or the planning it's time to rethink how you are spending your Christmas.

When next year comes around what will your memories of this Christmas be full of; stress and chaos or love and kindness?

No comments:

Post a Comment