Friday, February 3, 2012

A Fuzzball of Gratitude

Today I just want to take a moment to express gratitude. We have a new addition in our family. It is a very fuzzy, very cute baby kitten. Saturday we were visiting with my in-laws. They have had a mother cat and some kittens take up residence beneath their back porch. Anyone who knows me can tell you how much I love cats. Which is why, to my husband's dismay, this is cat number 3 in our house again. I say again because we did have 3 cats until about 4 months ago, one of them went missing. I hope it is that she simply found a new home; however, we have missed her.

On Saturday while we were visiting, my children and their cousins were looking for the cats. There were different occasions that they claimed they found them, but they were not there when we came to see. However, the next time they called us and said they found a cat, they did. I went out to see the cat; they said it was under our car. I bent down to have a peek and low behold, there was this little cute fuzz ball that was the same kind of cat as the one who had gone missing. She is the same coloring and marking but a slightly different variation.

Now mind you, this kitten is a stray that hasn't lived with people and she was afraid and running from the children. The moment we made eye contact, she ran out from under the car and came straight to me, meowing. She stopped at my feet and just when I was about to pick her up the children started to come towards us. When she saw the children moving towards us, she began to bolt into the street. But instead of taking off, she stopped in the middle of the road and stared at me. I told the children to stay there and walked over to her. She stood still and began meowing at me again. She let me pick her up and hold her in my arms.

I took her into my in-laws house and held and petted her and she began to purr. She was comfortable with me holding her and petting her until she smelled food and then she became very squirmy. I could tell she was very hungry and hadn't eaten much as you could feel all of her bones. So I fed her some tuna, which she gobbled down faster than any cat I've ever seen. In total, she ate 10 oz. of tuna. I think the majority of her body mass was her stomach at that point.

This may sound funny to some, but I believe that God sent me this cat. And it wouldn't be the first time. I have had many interesting cats that I have had very interesting relationships with. I truly believe that when God was creating the earth and He began to make cats, I was right there helping design them. I really truly love cats. And I believe that God takes great joy in giving us that which we love. Especially, when we love it and are grateful for it just because we want to love. Just as we learn to speak the love language of those that we care for by giving them that which they love, so does God do for us. And much more so when we show and express gratitude for what He has already given us.

I invite you to take a moment and see how God is speaking to you and I am sure you will see that He does it through your love language. Then take some time and express gratitude for what He has given to you and you will see that there is so much more He wishes to bestow upon you, His very loved child. May God bless you that you have much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment